Fromage Blanc Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are a great base for your favorite flavors. We used Pistachios and Raspberry, but you can use any nut or jam you prefer. We preferred the green and red combination this time because they are for Christmas.
Yield: 3 dozen
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
• 6 ounces Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup finely chopped pistachio meats
• approx.1/2 cup Raspberry Jam (or Jam of choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter, Fromage Blanc, sugar, vanilla, and salt on medium speed until completely combined.
3. Mix in the flour and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour.
4. Scoop the chilled dough into 1 tablespoon balls, and roll between your palms.
5. Press top side of dough into chopped pistachios to coat.
6. Place cookie on parchment liked baking sheet and press a deep well into the center of each ball.
7. Fill the well with a small amount of jam, and bake for 12 minutes. They will not look done to you on top, but the bottoms will have a nice brown color. These cookies are soft.