With Bellwether Sheep Yogurt
Yield: 6 large or 10 small pancakes
• 1/2 cup AP flour
• 1/2 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
• 2 Tbs (packed) Brown Sugar
• 3/4 tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice*
• Pinch of Salt
• 3/4 cup Bellwether Plain or Vanilla Sheep Yogurt
• 1 Large Egg
• ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
• 2 Tbs vegetable oil
Heat griddle or a large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and the spices.
In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, milk, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and vegetable oil. Whisk everything until smooth. Add the liquid mixture to the flour and stir until it is smooth. Cover the bowl and let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
Spray the griddle or skillet well with pan spray, or use a small amount of butter. When the griddle is hot enough, spoon some of the batter in it and spread slightly into a circle. When the pancakes are set and bubbly on top, flip it and cook for a couple of minutes until both sides are golden brown, about 2 more minutes.
Serve hot with maple syrup.
*Pumpkin Spice Mix – you can make your own variations using a combination of the below.
• 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 2 teaspoons nutmeg
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves