Yield: 20 oysters
• 8 ounces pancetta, chopped
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 4 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only; from 4 large)
• 1 cup finely chopped celery
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• ¼ cup dry white wine
• 20 medium oysters, shucked
• 1 – 7.5oz Bellwether Farms Crème Fraiche
Sauté pancetta in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a bowl or plate and hold.
Add 2 tablespoons butter to the drippings from skillet. Add leeks and celery to skillet and sauté over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 15-20 minutes. Add Paprika and stir until incorporated. Add wine and cook until absorbed. Once the wine is absorbed, stir in all of the crème fraiche. Cook for another 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve turn on over broiler to high. Top each oyster in shell with 2 tablespoons leek mixture and sprinkle with pancetta. Place on rimmed baking sheet. Broil until leek mixture bubbles and crumbs are golden, about 8 minutes. Serve while warm.
*The leek topping can be made 1 day ahead and kept in refrigeration. It is important to warm it up in a sauce pan before topping the oysters.