Ham & Cheese (Carmody) Slab
Yield serves 6-8 as an appetizer
• 1 package (14 ounces) frozen puff, thawed
• All-purpose flour, for parchment
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
• ½ cup Cranberry-Jalapeno Chutney (or whatever flavor you like)
• 4oz – prosciutto
• 1# Bellwether Farms Carmody – grated (can use more if you want it really cheesy)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out puff pastry to a 12-by-15-inch rectangle on a floured piece of parchment; transfer to a baking sheet.
2. Cut dough in half lengthwise to form two 6-by-15-inch rectangles. Using a spoon, spread chutney onto puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Brush border with egg wash. Top with remaining puff pastry, pressing edges to seal. Brush top with egg wash. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Take out of the freezer. Cut six 2-inch slits every 2 inches along the top for steam vents. Bake until pastry is puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Cut slab pie into triangular pieces. Serve immediately.