Green Bean & Fennel Salad with Shaved San Andreas
• 1 cup pecan pieces
• Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 1 pound green beans, trimmed
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon tarragon mustard (Dijon is fine too)
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 3 medium fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds total), cored and thinly sliced
• Bellwether Farms San Andreas for shaving on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a bowl with ice water; set aside. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; set aside.
2. Place 1/2 inch water in a large skillet with a lid. Bring to a boil; salt generously. Add green beans, cover skillet, and cook over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer immediately to ice water. Drain; pat dry with paper towels.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. To serve, combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss with dressing; garnish with fennel fronds, if desired and shaved San Andreas.