Pepitas & Fromage Blanc Cheese Ball
Serves 6-8 as an appetizer
• 1-7.5oz Bellwether Farms Fromage Blanc
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 Tbs. diced green chilies
• 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
• TT - Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
• Crackers, for serving
1. In a medium bowl mix together the Fromage Blanc, garlic, chilies, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until slightly firm, about 30 min to an hour.
2. Transfer cheese mixture to a piece of clean surface and shape into a ball. Then roll the ball in the pumpkin seeds, pressing to adhere, until it is completely covered. Wrap ball in a fresh piece of waxed paper or plastic; chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Serve with crackers.
Toasting Pumpkin Seeds:
In a medium skillet, toast pumpkin seeds over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool.