Yield: Serves 12
- 6 acorn squashes (about 3 1/2 pounds), halved, seeded, stems removed, and bottoms trimmed to sit flat
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5oz cup Bellwetheer Farms Crème Fraiche
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange squash halves, cut side up, in two 9-by-13-inch baking dishes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle sage over each. Pour 1/2 cup stock into each dish, and scatter garlic around squashes.
2. Bake, covered, until squashes are tender when pierced with a fork, 45 to 55 minutes. Heat broiler with rack about 8 inches from heat source.
3. Stir crème fraiche and 2 (or more) tablespoons liquid from baking dishes. Spoon over squash halves, including edges. Broil squashes until bubbling and golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately. Scoop out the flesh to eat.