Ricotta & Asparagus Tart
Inspired by Sunset Magazine.
Total: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie dough for a 9-in. pie shell or homemade
- 12 ounces Bellwether Farms Whole Milk Basket Ricotta
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 3 1/2-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Unroll pie dough into 9" tart pan, press against sides, and roll over the top with a rolling pin; save scraps for another use.
2. Prick bottom of crust with a fork and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Line tart bottom with cheese. In a medium bowl, toss asparagus with oil to coat. Arrange spears around tart pan cutting to fit as necessary (reserve extras for another use). Bake until cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle generously with pepper.