- 3 medium carrots (about 3/4 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick circles
- 2 cups red russet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 3 medium parsnips (about1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cup sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup turnip, cut into 1 ½-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz Bellwether Farms Crème Fraîche
- 1 bu. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoons horseradish, prepared
- ½ tsp. worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all together and let sit while roots cook.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, turnips and sweet potatoes. Toss well with olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables evenly on a large baking sheet. Place on medium rack in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until tender. Take out of the over and allow to cool slightly. Toss vegetables with the crème fraiche dressing and serve warm.