Makes 2 cups
- 1 (12-ounce) round Cowgirl Creamery Red Hawk, rind discarded and cubed
- 8 ounces Bellwether Farms Carmody, grated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Napa or Sonoma sauvignon blanc
- 2 tablespoons muscat or other sweet dessert wine
Toss the cheeses with the flour in a bowl and set aside. In a fondue pot, bring the sauvignon blanc to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease the heat to low and add the cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until melted after each addition. Add the muscat and stir until smooth. Serve immediately.
Serve with: toasted walnut or other rustic bread cubes, pear chunks, apple chunks, fresh figs, quartered, fig bars, Graham crackers.
Beverage Suggestions: pinot noir, blanc de noirs (sparkling wine), fino sherry