- 1 large leek, white part only, julienned (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus additional for seasoning
- 4 ounces Bellwether Fromage Blanc
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 18 large cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and stemmed
- White truffle oil (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush a baking sheet with olive oil.
Heat the leeks and olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Add the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often to prevent browning, for 8 to 10 minutes, until wilted and tender, but not browned. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Add the fromage blanc and Parmigiano to the leeks and stir to mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop up about 1 heaping teaspoon of the mixture and spoon into the bottom of the mushrooms. Set on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the top third of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese mixture begins to brown and the mushrooms become tender to the bite. Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with a few drops of truffle oil. Enjoy with a chardonnay with great structure and rich fruit flavors.