- Flour 1cup
- Whole Egg
- Olive Oil 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 pinch
- 1 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 3 Cups Corn kernals removed from the cob (reserving I tablespoon for the sauce)
- 2 cups Bellweather Farms Crescenza Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan finely grated
- 1 teaspoon Champagne Vinegar
- 1 bunch Chives minced
- 1 teaspoon Mince Tarragon
- Salt To Taste
Method for filling:
- Bitter Chestnut Honey
1. Saute onions until translucent , add corn and cook until just tender. Puree in a bar blender until smooth and fold in all remaining ingredients until well incorporated. Fill a Pastry bag(or ziplock) for easy filling.
Method For Pasta Dough:
1. Combine all Ingredients in kitchen aid with hook attachment and mix until combined. Remove from bowl and hand kneed on table top until a smooth elasticity is achieved. Let the dough rest for a half an hour.
Method for building ravioli
1. To roll out dough on the machine; make sure you have a well floured work surface. Start the rolling machine on its thickest setting and start to roll the dough through, keeping attention to having a uniform square dough to work with. Keep rolling the dough through the machine three times on each setting until you have reached the second to last setting(the dough should be slightly translucent while still being thick enough to work with and shape)
2. Lay the sheets on a work surface and cut circles with a round pastry cutter(a household jar lid works as well). Pipe 1 Tablespoon filling onto to each disc. Immediately spray the pasta with water from a clean squirt bottle to assure that the dough will not dry out and to bind the dough together as we fold it into the shape.
3. First step is to fold the pasta disc in half to create a half moon (taking care to make sure that all edges are sealed!!) With the round moon side facing you and the straight edge away, connect the two corners(edges) of the half moon to create a hat shaped ravioli.
4. Cook the ravioli in boiling salted water until al dente tender. Fresh Pasta should take two to three minutes at the most
5. For the sauce just ladle roughly 2 oz of the starchy pasta water in a sauté pan with 2 oz of butter. Bring this to a boil and it should emulsify into a silky butter sauce. Drain the pasta and add it to your sauté pan with a pinch of minced parsley, chives and corn kernels, drizzle with bitter chestnut honey and spoon onto a warm plate and serve!!!