Fromage Blanc is an excellent substitute for Chèvre or cream cheese. Here are additional great ways to try Fromage Blanc:
- Fromage is a great base for any flavor. Just by adding a chutney or tapanade you can change the dish completly and highlight the seasons. Great things we have used: Pesto, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Olive Tapanade, Red Pepper Spread, Fresh Herbs, Cracked Pepper and other Spices. Serve with Crackers, Bread or Vegetables.
- EGGS! Fold Fromage Blanc into your scrambled eggs after you have taken them off the heat. Add on top of your Frittatas. Fill inside your Omelets and Bread Puddings.
- Breakfast - Spread on your English Muffin, Bagel, Toast, or Scones. Add fresh Berries or a Jam and you will have a hit. Fill in your Crepes and Blintzes. Stuff your French Toast.
- Pasta - Stuff in Raviolis, Rigatoni and Lasagna. Add to your favorite Pasta with your favorite fillings.
- Pizza - A great addition along side so many great toppings like Spinach, Artichoke, Leeks, Mushrooms, Red Onion, Garlic, Eggplant, Prosciutto, Chorizo, Pancetta and more..
- Great in all Salads!
- Meats - Stuff your birds...Chicken, Quail, Duck!
Foods that compliment - Olives, Tomatoes, Smoked Salmon, Leeks, Mushrooms, Zucchini, Potato, Artichoke, Peas, Beets, Herbs, all Nuts, all Fruits especially Berries and more..